UPDATE: VOTING HAS ENDED AND HAS BEEN VALIDATED. Stay tuned for results.
It’s that time of year again… time to vote for the governing Board of Visitors of the ACRN Alumni Society. Every year, two members roll off the board. Voting ended Jan 1, 2011.
Here’s a short summary:
The term of board membership is 4 years. The commitment for board members is one conference call per month (about 90 minutes) and occasional emails, the odd event planning, and maybe some short writing here and there as we put together our newsletter. Anyone who accepts the nomination should be willing to set aside 2 to 4 hours per month outside the conference call.
Just because you’re on the board, does not necessarily mean you’ll be serving as an officer. However, willingness to serve as an officer would be GREAT. Officers serve 1 year terms concurrent with their board membership — it does not increase your length of time on the board.
The goals and responsibilities of the organization are as follows (from our constitution):
1. To inform alumni of the current status of ACRN.
2. To enhance the recognition of ACRN.
3. To raise funds in support of ACRN, its programs and its student participants.
4. To enrich and expand ACRN experience for current students.
5. To advise and consult with the current staff of ACRN regarding the further development of ACRN.
This is an opportunity not only to help out ACRN, but to get some good volunteer experience to put on your resume.